Good news for fans of “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”: You can now make your iPhone look like the game’s NookPhone.
The feature, enabled by downloading the new iOS 14 system update, provides an artistic change to the design of app icons that mirrors what’s seen in “Animal Crossing.” There are other themes available, but few provide the relaxing color tones that have helped make the game so beloved.
There are daytime and nighttime wallpapers inspired by “Animal Crossing.”
In order to get the “Animal Crossing” app icon customization, just follow this step-by-step process:
How to download ’Animal Crossing’ app icons
The “Animal Crossing” customization is courtesy of Twitter user @okpng and can be downloaded free with the checkout discount code provided in the tweet below, though the design’s creator said she would appreciate a small donation if possible to compensate her work.
After making sure your iPhone has the latest software update installed, click this link from your iPhone to get the process started.
i understand that people are financially struggling at the moment – i’d appreciate if you bought it outright
but by chance you cannot, use code: acnhoff at the checkout 🙂
— gen ̖́ – @ ginkgo island ★彡 (@okpng) September 19, 2020
After you’ve done that, follow these steps:
- Go to “Files” app on device
- Unzip downloaded folder called “okpng_icons_set2_ios_v2”
- Go to “Shortcut” app on device
- Hit plus button on upper right of “Shortcut” screen
- Add an action and search ”open app”
- Choose an app you want to get a custom icon
- Click the dots in the upper right of screen
- Click “add to home screen”
- Click icon and choose your custom photo
- Repeat this for all of the app icons you want to resemble “Animal Crossing”
For people who are more visual instruction processors, this video also offers a nice rundown of how to get the “Animal Crossing” customization:
“Animal Crossing” has been out since March 21 and has sold 22.4 millions units for the Nintendo Switch through the first two quarters of the fiscal year. The game is supported with regular updates and added features.