This concert was part of their LA trilogy: They did an Arena show at Staples Center on October 31; a Stadium show at Edison Internation Field (Anaheim) on November 2; and this theater show on November 3.
This was one of the few shows during the Licks World tour that was played in a theatre, this time for 2800 people. The Rolling Stones played other songs than they usually played during their tours. Some highlights:
– Everybody Needs Somebody to love (a Solomon Burke cover) was played together with Solomon Burke!!!
– Can’t you Hear Me Knocking was played with Jim Keltner on percussions.
– The stones did 5 cover songs: Everybody needs somebody to love (a Solomon Bruker cover); That’s how strong my love is (an O.V. Wright cover), Going to a Go-Go (The Miracles cover), Rock Me Baby (a B.B. King cover).
– Beast of Burden was only played live 4 times this tour.
– Rareties as Hand of Fate, No expectations, Stray Cat Blues, and Dance Pt.1 were played.
– Keith Richards did two slower songs: Thru and Thru & You don’t have to mean it.
– Tumbling Dice was played as an encore, which is also very rare.
The Rolling Stones played the following 20 songs:
00:00:46 Jumping Jack Flash
00:04:50 Live With Me
00:14:24 Hand Of Fate
00:19:28 No Expectations
00:24:34 Beast Of Burden
00:30:18 Stray Cat Blues
00:35:53 Dance Pt. 1
00:42:35 Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (with Solomon Burke)
00:49:19 That’s How Strong My Love Is
00:53:19 Going To A Go Go
00:57:25 Band Introductions
01:01:56 Thru And Thru
01:09:02 You Don’t Have To Mean It
01:14:42 Can’t You Hear Me Knocking (with Jim Keltner)
01:25:42 Rock Me Baby
01:34:33 Honky Tonk Women
01:39:26 Start Me Up
01:43:55 Brown Sugar
01:50:48 Tumbling Dice (encore)
The Licks Tour was a worldwide concert tour undertaken by The Rolling Stones during 2002 and 2003. Shows were played in stadiums, Arenas, and Theatres.
Charlie Watts, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood,
Kent Smith, Michael Davis, Bobby Keys, Tim Ries, Blondie Chaplin, Lisa Fischer, Bernard Fowler, Chuck Leavell, Darryl Jones.